FIA & FIM

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: FIA & FIM
From: pork.pie@t-online.de (pork.pie)
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 22:11:19 +0100
Louise, at first a note to you - before you try to improve FIA,
IMPROVE your own knowledge about Speed Records - You still don't know not the
different between the 63 and the 64 SoA from Craig Breedlove or the 64/65/66
Green Monster from Art Arfons.

Hi Folks,

I remember a nice discussion which I got with Glen and Ugo Fadini in August
this
year at the salt during the Speedweek.

At last we have to agree that the FIA got tooooo long arms, so it will be very
hard to reach them.

What I like to say, the FIA and FIM is so strong - world wide - that they can
allowed to send some guys on your cost at the salt, only to look over the
shoulders of the time keeper and at last they sign the paper, that's all.

By the way, don't forget, the LSR are the greatest for us, but for the FIA
is not just 1/1000 of there job during the year. how much FIA records we saw
the
last years - 5? 6?
There are thousends of races, championchips around the world, which are all
runs
under the FIA or FIM.

Some years ago I contact the FIA, and request a updated list of the flying Mile
and Kilo Records.

The answer was fantastic.

"damn, man, if one of our guys here in Paris got 10 minutes time during the
year, we will do it, but I'm not very optimistic that this happens the next 10
years".

A other example of the problems of the FIA - some years ago they certified a
record in class with a speed which was nearly 20 miles slower, than a record in
the same class they certified in 1965????
Sometimes they knows not himself the current record.

If you set a record under FIA, and you find them not on the list, it's on yours
to remember the FIA, that they write you in.

So, have fun with the FIA ad live with them, as a old couple.

See ya

Thomas "Pork Pie" Graf