RE: FIA/FIM

To: <ARDUNDOUG@aol.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: FIA/FIM
From: "Jon Wennerberg" <jonw@up.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 15:11:39 -0500
My two cents' worth, and as a new guy maybe you oughta discount this by a
few more percent:

I have to explain to darn near everyone where the Bonneville Salt Flats are,
and about the racing held there by the sanctioning bodies.  When I try to
move the conversation to FIA/FIM ---I get even more blank stares.

While I'd like my brother-in-law in Switzerland to be able to say he's got a
relative that holds a land speed record, I haven't found anyone that feels
the "FIA/FIM" rules are that much more worthwhile, or verifiable, than the
records from SCTA/USFRA/ECTA.

Again, as the newbie, I ask your forgiveness -- but I'll believe Glen and
Gary and John today -- I'll worry about FIM later.

Jon    #436  1350 M/PS/G
  Marquette, Michigan
 (that's way up north)