Re: FIA/FIM

To: "Joe Amo" <jkamo@rapidnet.com>,
Subject: Re: FIA/FIM
From: "glen barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 08:48:27 -0800
Joe and list
In the Last year there was a lot of discussion regarding the FIA and it's
sanction of world speed records. As you all know the end result is a lot of
disappointed people waiting for a certificate of their hard earned records.
The lack of response from the FIA has most land speed racers looking at
other venues to get their records at an international level.

Anyone who has ever been to a event such as the 2001 world finals has seen
what it takes to put on this event with all volunteers so the racer gets his
due rewards. The personnel from FIA this year have never been to a land
speed event. The end of the year is almost here and we have not heard
anything from them to verify the records set.

The efforts by the SCTA and it's staff are the best in the world when it
comes to land speed record racing be it the runs at speedweek or the world
finals. The support in course preparation from USFRA and their help during
our events deserve many thanks from all. The bottom line is, we don't, but
should have the recognition as the land speed record experts of the world.

Just my thoughts.
Glen