Re: FIA/FIM

To: Jonathan Amo <webmaster@landracing.com>
Subject: Re: FIA/FIM
From: Joe Amo <jkamo@rapidnet.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 09:13:57 -0700
I gotta give all the credit to SCTA/BNI!!!!!!!!!
I was blessed to run TWO WAY-OPPOSITE
DIRECTION-FIA SANCTIONED CLOCKS
(fia runs in minutes of mine) AND IN 2HR 20 MIN
(fim requires 2 hr turnarond for bikes, and we werent
trying to do that, the efficiency of the meet allowed that
to happen)
turnaround,  I feel really bad that I didnt pay thousands
of dollars, to have two fia reps who know nothing about
the class designations, nothing about the records being sought
in respective classes, and nothing about setting up the course,
nothing about setting up the clocks, nothing about if and or when
proof/certification of the runs would be obtainable.

With that said, ask the guy with the fia record  40 mph slower
than ours,  who is the fastest one liter bike run two way, opposite
direction with FIA monitored/sanctioned clocks in roughly 2 hrs
turnaround

AND WITH THAT SAID,  I still have respect for the FIA
FIM ( there unyielding class designations
there steadfast record book ,wherver it is) I still have a desire to run for FIM
sanctioning,
if and when it becomes practical

REGARDLESS, the Team Amo motto lives on
"DEDICATED TO THE PURSUIT OF SPEED"
and that my friends is FUN, wherever those
speeds fall in the scheme of the world is all
in the eye of the beholder (s)

Joe (still trying for the 3 run opposite direction record
to get Howards respect)   :)