Re: all things mechanical... and Romance

To: "Ed Van Scoy" <edvs@uswest.net>, "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: all things mechanical... and Romance
From: "glen barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 07:35:11 -0800
Keith
This is for your benefit. As a youngster (age 14) I was hanging around the
Torrance Airport and a gentleman named Roger Keeny told me if I didn't go
away he would make me sweep the hanger. I swept the hanger and that started
my career in aerospace. For two years after school and on most weekends I
was at the Acme Aircraft and Flying school. I got something like one hour of
flying lessons for 40 hours of work. I soloed on my 16th birthday. Roger was
my primary instructor and another gentleman named Ernie Tower a P-51 flight
instructor in WW-ll was the other.They also had a WW-ll Sikorski all fabric
covered helicopter. We rebuilt it and flew it as well, my 1st rotary wing
A/C ride. So there Keith all was not at speed on the ground or in the
comfort of the well armed air conditioned timing trailer. Just thought you
would like to know.
Glen (reloading the Bazooka)