Re: Cold Intake

To: Rick Hammond <r.hammond@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: Cold Intake
From: john robinson <john@engr.wisc.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 09:33:11 -0600
yeah seemed to work OK, ( now this is several years later) I think we got
an increase of 11% more HP at the rpm they were running, 110 hp@3200 or
there abouts.....I no longer have the paper at hand, so have to rely on
memory....and with my being over 50, we all know how well >that< works
now....(what day is it?)

At 09:06 AM 11/28/01, you wrote:

>john robinson wrote:
>
> > Howdy, here at the UW  Mech Engr dept, we have a ford Contour engine on a
> > dyno that the kids run. As part of the class the kids get to design an
> > experiment of their own, and one of them came up with cooling an
> > intercooler and feeding the cooled air to the engine. Unfortunately , they
> > have been taught to run at a steady state condition, and while the engine
> > ran very hard for the first 6 or 7 minutes of the run with the intake air
> > at around -30 f*, all of a sudden, the intercooler, complete with the pan
> > of ice and alcohol jumped towards the engine as it gulped and died.
> > luckily, no fire ensued ...they did learn something from the experiment
> > though.....
> >
> > At 10:52 PM 11/27/01, you wrote:
>
>John,
>Sure, but until then did it work?? ;-)
>You know we aren't that easily discouraged.
>Cheers,
>Rick

              John Robinson, Mechanician
   Mechanical Engineering University of Wisconsin
                 1513 University Ave.
                  Madison, Wi. 53706
                     608-262-3606
                   FAX 608-265-2316
        Current World Land Speed Record Holder
                 Bonneville Salt Flats
            H/GCC 92 cu.in. 1980 Dodge Colt
                   131.333 MPH set 1995
                   136.666 MPH set 1996
                   140.292 MPH set 2000
                   144.396 MPH set 2000
     MPS-PG 441 c.c. 1967 BSA Victor Motorcycle
                    95.193 MPH set 2001