Re: Some Thoughts on FIA

To: <Nt788@aol.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Some Thoughts on FIA
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 15:06:28 -0800
Shoot, Jack, I respect your capabilities more than most on this or any other
site/list I am on. But you know what? Saying it just don't make it so. I'd
like to see things simpler. Like why does it cost so much to entice the FIA
to play with us? And why did the SCCA send the observers? Why could that not
be the SCTA/USFRA officials? Save the money! And why does it take so long
for official recognition from the FIA? Heck, the guys 'n gals who run the
SpeedWeek and WOS can crank out accurate data and results very quickly. Why
can't the FIA? Would they let us help? Does the FIA sanction the NASCAR of
NHRA events? No? So why were they mentioned? Don't understand how that
affects anything being discussed here. Maybe I'm just dense, lots of people
have told me that....

mayf