Re: Some Thoughts on FIA

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Some Thoughts on FIA
From: "Louise Ann Noeth" <lanoeth@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 23:59:25 -0800
Au contraire, my dear doc,

My interest is from an investigative journalism knowledge base and I have a
demonstrated skill set for this type of research. I represent no specific
organization (the politics are as weary as they are maddening), belong to no
car club (to be selective is silly if you want to be objective) and as far
as my effectiveness being diminished due to my lowly "crew member" status,
that's because I suspect you know very little about my professional
background.

The Vesco brothers had already devoted 10 years to their effort before they
asked for my help. I am merely trying to help tell --- what I consider a
Great American story just like that of Al Teague. My small contribution to
the success of the Turbinator is almost inconsequential when compared to
mammoth efforts exerted by the dozens of friends and supporters who helped
make the magic work on October 18th -- again, just like that wondrous day in
Sept back in 1991 when the Spirit of 76 romped into history.

It is my intention to discover the root of the perceived indifference by the
FIA with respect to the FIA as far as any changes, well, that will be up to
you folks. As any reporter worth their salt, I'll get the facts, report
them, perhaps comment and question. I am known to hold up a glaring mirror
which usually makes one or more people uncomfortable with what it reflects,
but this in no popularity contest, this is a fact-finding mission.

Investigative journalism is my specialty and I have several shelf full of
international writing, photographic and design awards to prove it. In the
past my efforts have helped changed Federal policy, altered state, county
and city regulations, caused manufacturing changes in a variety of cars and
trucks, and through the grace of God even managed to a few hungry folks
feed, clothed and healed as well as get the clamps put on some very evil
people. I don't advertise this because I do not require the attention, the
satisfaction of contributing to the process is more than adequate.

My attention to the LSR world is by choice and by passion. This lunacy with
the FIA ignoring the LSR competitor needs to be arrested. If the FIA wants
to be the "keeper of the world record flame" they need to get off their
collective arses and live up to their own bylaws and mission statements.
They get to look into the first mirror.

In the end it is up to the racer and the sanctioning body to do something --
or not. Then there might be a second mirror to hold up. One thing at a time.

Be Vigilant,

"LandSpeed" Louise Ann Noeth

LandSpeed Productions
Telling Stories with Words and Pictures