RE: Recips Tale

To: "'ardunbill@webtv.net'" <ardunbill@webtv.net>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Recips Tale
From: "Clay, Dale" <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 09:09:09 -0700
When I was in the Coast Guard in Alaska we used to fly the Grumman
Albatross.  We had R1820 engines, either Wright or Pratt & Whitney.  I could
tell which one was installed by the oil streaks!  LOL

Man those things we labor intensive.

Dale C.

Subject: Recips Tale

Hi Folks, got my own story of a Super Connie ride.  In '63, our Army
Reserve unit was marshalled at Minneapolis Airport for a ride to our
two-weeks summer camp in Mass.  We filed out to board a chartered Super
Connie.  While walking past, I was struck by the large pools of oil
under each engine, thinking, "I hope we make it before it runs out of
oil."

We took off and flew all the way in a fury of noise and vibration, but
did get there.  I guess that was close to the end of an era. Cheers Bill

entities other than the intended recipient or employees of
MD Helicopters, Inc. is prohibited.   If you received this in error, please
contact the sender by email and delete the material from any computer..