Re: Recips.

To: rtmack <RTMACK@pop3.concentric.net>
Subject: Re: Recips.
From: "Bryan A. Savage Jr" <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 07:27:43 -0800
Thanks for the memories guys.
I made the same flight is January 1960, returning for discharge. Plane was
a Super-G and just past the point of no return to Shannon the windshield
developed a crack. The driver had to go down to 6,000 feet and depressurize.
They almost ran out of barf bags. Stayed overnight while they fixed the
windshield and cleaned up the main cabin. I remember carrying someone's kid
to the terminal because there was about six inches of slush on the ground,
had a nice sleep on the floor (all the furniture was taken).

Typical C-47 Service Report:

PROBLEM REPORTED BY PILOT
evidence of oil leaking from port engine.

SERVICE PERFORMED BY MECHANIC
removed evidence

Bryan (the drivers were so bitchy about little things,
       REAL aircraft engines leak oil!)