RE: Recips.

To: "'RTMACK@concentric.net'" <RTMACK@concentric.net>
Subject: RE: Recips.
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 16:15:52 -0600
Russ;

Well-- surprise-- I was an "Army Brat", too. I never did get to see an
operational B-36 but I finally did see one in the AF Museum in Dayton. Man,
were those things big!

I was at an airshow, too, where a P-51D made a very low- level high- speed
pass over the crowd and then pulled up in a high "G" climb. A real thrill.
What a sound!

Armored vehicles make neat sounds, too. Hearing a tank moving in the dark in
your bivouac area is not a comforting sound-- even when you know darned well
that it's one of yours. The movie "Patton" had the most realistic scenes of
armor that I've seen in the movies. The scene where an armored column is
moving on a muddy road through the falling snow to relieve the Airborne in
Bastogne is so real that I could almost reach out and touch the cold metal.
They got the tank sounds right, too.

Regards,   Neil    Tucson, AZ