Re: lakester frame

To: ardunbill@webtv.net, albaugh_neil@ti.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: lakester frame
From: Want1937hd@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 20:23:15 EST
Bill, All 15 million Model T Ford oilpans had the motor mounts brazed in
place. My 1937 Harley frame was factory brazed together , neither factory
bothered to do a neat job. They were massproduced with the idea of selling a
lot at a low price. Formula one race chassis were brazed as well. I think
speed of production with less stress to the metal is the main reason braze
was used in place of welds. Bob in connecticut