Re: LSR HISTORY

To: Louise Ann Noeth <lanoeth@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: LSR HISTORY
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 14:40:33 -0800
Louise,

I remember Paula Murphy. She was billed as the fastest women on wheels.
I respect what she accomplished and am not trying to diminish her
performance, but, this discussion seems to be about her being recognized
by the 200 MPH Club. With all due respect, I ask the question...what
record did Paula break? It is my understanding that the requirement to
enter the Club has always been...you have to set a new record in a class
at a speed over 200 MPH. Her car would be classed the same as
Breedlove's I believe and he set the record 407.447 in 1963 according to
my info.

If I am wrong, educate me. I am always open for new information.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/GCC