Re: LSR HISTORY

To: glen barrett <speedtimer@charter.net>
Subject: Re: LSR HISTORY
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 18:12:19 -0800
Glenn,

I don't all the particulars, but Grant Piston Rings was the sponsor, I
don't think it was their club. I believe that George Hill and a couple
of others actually started the club.

Grant sponsored the club until about 1969, I believe. I attended the 200
Club meeting in 1962 as a guest, when I was president. I still have a
deck of cards with the Grant logo on the back that was given to me at
that meeting.

Isky & Moon took up the sponsorship in 1971 or '72, Moon dropped off in
the mid seventies, but Isky remained the sole sponsor until the mid
eighties when several others came on board. I have gathered this info
from my collection of programs.

Another thing that I noticed while looking at this is that the Jet car
drivers were considered Honorary Members at first. There were 45 members
in 1959.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/GCC