Re: 2 Club

To: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>,
Subject: Re: 2 Club
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 15:50:57 -0600
Tom I'm in agreement with you.... I thought the 270 minimum was reasonable
since they wiped out a bunch of records.... they had to have something
rather then a guy running a 500" streamliner only having to run 200mph to
get in the club as an example...

I remember last year I was really upset because I saw a guy run on the
B/D/Altered record and set it and NOT get in the Two club.... Then John
Rains comes by and sets the record at a reasonable Number.... 30+mph over
what my Hero had ran....  the man had my respect for his effort.... but
with an open record it was reasonable to have an established minimum for
him to run against.   The Published minimum was in fact right for the size
motor and type of car....

Like you have said in the Past Tom.... I'll be glad when all the records
are established in the new class structure.  But most importantly I think
we will all be able to say they handled the class restructuring very
well....

Keith
<drmayf@teknett.com>