Re: 2 Club

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 2 Club
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 18:03:19 EST
In a message dated 12/13/2001 2:57:32 PM Pacific Standard Time,
saltracer@awwwsome.com writes:

> Jim,
> This was news to me. SCTA has set minimums in the past, I have run
> against them.  Does that mean in an Open Record class all you have to do
> is make it through the clocks to qualify? If that is the case, then 2
> Club minimums are even more justified.
>
> Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/GCC
>
> Jim Dincau wrote:
>
> >Tom,
> >     The SCTA set minimums for El Mirage records, there are no minimums for
> >Bonneville records. As I understand it the 2 club minimums are set by the 2
> >club.
> >Jim in Palmdale

Tom,
    My understanding is along the lines of what Jim Dincau said. There are
Bonneville classes that have (or had) no existing record after the classes
were realigned a few years back and blower classes segregated (as opposed to
moving the car up 2 ci classes if it was blown). Around that time the
Two-Club instigated the minimums to retain the clubs gravity (for lack of a
better word)...............Ardun Doug King