Re: Tech questions

To: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Subject: Re: Tech questions
From: Rick Hammond <r.hammond@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 13:36:12 -0500
"Thomas E. Bryant" wrote:

> Gary,
> Answer to your questions:
> 1. Some cars run alternators and others don't, your option. I have never
> seen a need for an onboard charging system. A good battery will deliver
> for me and I run an electric water pump,

Thomas et al,
On the electric water pumps, what sorts have people run and how would they stand
up to daily driving?  I realize most are intended for short runs, but I have one
project where I want to remove as much as possible from the front of the motor,
so a remote one might be better than the ones that still mount up front.
Has anybody used a combo-dry sump oil/water pump?
Cheers,
Rick