Scoop Size (see size does count!) Chuckles...

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Scoop Size (see size does count!) Chuckles...
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 18:09:49 -0800
I fiddled around with making a friendly formula for finding scoop size based
on engine parameters (disp, vol efficiency, rpm) and target speed to reach.
I put this puppy on my web site. Be interested in comments, threats,
blaspheme, or whaatever...

http://www.teknett.com/pwp/analyses.htm

It should be the top item on that page, click and off you go....

for those of you who may be browser challenged, the formula is:

    Scoop Size (sq in) = 0.00047338 * (Displacement(cucic inches) * Vol
Efficiency * RPM ) / Speed (mph)

mayf, the red necked ignorant desert rat in Pahrump where the house is
getting it's first coat of inside paint, driveways have been poured and set,
interior and exterior lights picked and cabinet details looked over...