Re: Scoop Size (see size does count!) Chuckles...

To: "Richard Fox" <v4gr@rcn.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Scoop Size (see size does count!) Chuckles...
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 19:33:21 -0800
Rich, thanks for replying with your formula. Glad to have it. I am going to
fiddle with it a bit because I think it is just another way or arriving at
the same thing. However, with the one I sent out, you do not need gears,
tires or anything else other than displacement, rpm, and VE. Can you somehow
work backwards from your end to see if you get a similar answer? Start with
240 mph, any tire size or gear ratio to get an engine rpm of 8000, 369 cubic
inch engine, 90% VE. The example I gave on the bum URL web site, I think was
around 5.24 square inches.  I am going to try and do the same with your
formula also..

mayf.