Re: Seeking Help from 'old salts'.

To: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>, "Jonathan Amo"
Subject: Re: Seeking Help from 'old salts'.
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 02:17:15 -0600
Mayf each driver of a car is covered in the entry cost so long as they are
members of the sanctioning body....

I want to add a bit to Malcolm's message.

Don Wales is a real treat... truly a class act and a very competent driver..
Having had the opportunity to be totally confused by the common language
with this Limey.... I would strongly recommend him to any team out there
with a 200mph car that wants to give him a ride..

Sharing the ECTA expereince with him,  for me was one of the highlights of
last year .... . If nothing else the history lesson he can give you is worth
it.... The more I learned about the Campbell's the more I appreciate what
they achieved in the sport..... think about Malcom Campbell's 300mph pass on
the salt in 1935.... and the fact that it took just less then 30 years for
his Son Donald to go 400mph at Bonneville.  And now Donald Wales ( Donald
Campbell's Sisters/Son ) has set his sights on 300mph in an electric car.
What you will learn is that he is a Very serious racer who has set records
in England in a Beautiful Electric streamliner and has plans on the drawing
board for the 300mph car....

Whoever has the opportunity to do this will be well rewarded with a
wonderful new friend and an opportunity to share in a bit of the History
associated with the sport of Land Speed Racing.

Keith ( I say Don is East and will be forced to play on our side )(That or
he is a Stick thingy setting up kinda guy)