Seeking Help from 'old salts'.

To: LSR List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Seeking Help from 'old salts'.
From: Malcolm Pittwood <MPittwood@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 15:21:44 -0500
Those on this list will know I work with Don Wales (Grandson of Sir Malcolm
Campbell) on his speed record activities.  Don is a British Land Speed
Record holder with his Bluebird cars (each electric) and after the efforts
of Keith and Grib and all in ECTA, he has experienced the Monster Mile on
the east coast side of the USA.  His own electric streamliner  will now not
be ready for use in anger until 2003.

Can those 'old salts' on this list suggest (either by response to the list
or directly to me) how I can arrange for Don to experience the salt this
year.  I feel we need 'track time' for Don in 2002 as well as moving up in
the speed range.  (His ECTA best was a tad over 190 mph).  This drive will
be to prepare him for Bonneville 2003, not to break records or gain a red
hat.

Whilst the attraction of Speedweek and KT's Cricket match is uppermost in
our minds, we have to look also at the World of Speed meeting or the World
Finals (?) if they are appropriate for a 'salt virgin'.

Your thoughts and comments please.......
Malcolm Pittwood, Derby, England.