Re: headers

To: <LGMCAFEE@aol.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: headers
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 05:45:35 -0600
Okay here's my take on the situation.... this doesn't have a thing to do
with anything but my personal reality....

If your headers are too small thou they might increase the exhaust port
velocity thereby increasing bottom end torque.... they will absolutely
restrict the flow at higher rpm.... and since we aren't playing with a
350-400 cubic inch engine we can't affort to allow the high rpm band to
suffer an exhaust restriction.   Oh and if you do chose to run a C motor
later your 1 5/8ths are going to have to be replaced unless your keeping
your motors down in the 3-400hp range...

I was having a chat with Ted Wenz who is building my Rodeck and we were
talking about this exact subject last week... his answer was there wasn't
more then about 20hp difference from the best header for a motor and the
worst ( common sense applies )  so bigger might not be perfect but it sure
does allow more options.

Keith ( and Joe... your exactly right... the problem with the aluminum
coating is that it's always on the inside of the Tube where it can't afford
us any corrosion protection )