Re: lightning

To: "Clay, Dale" <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>
Subject: Re: lightning
From: Rick Hammond <r.hammond@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 11:38:59 -0500
Clay,
I guess we are mostly dealing with the curl of air from the roof top to either
the bed or bed cover.
With a flat cover you get one square drop there then another square shape at the
back of the tailgate.
Another situation would be having the flat cap with the tailgate down.  Would
that maybe ease the flow; could the open area act as a bit of a 'slope'?
I would wonder about vents in the cover, but would that run afoul of the 'no
aerodynamic advantage' rule?
Hmmm...
Cheers,
Rick