Re: Fuel Flow

To: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel Flow
From: Ed Van Scoy <ed@vetteracing.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 21:43:15 -0700
Dick;
Here is the "rule of thumb"  At WOT, an engine requires 0.5
lbs of fuel per HP, per hour. A gallon of gas weighs about 6
lbs., so, an engine rated at 350 HP will require about 175 lbs
(29 gals.) of fuel every hour.  (350 X .5 lbs. = 175lbs of
fuel - 175 lbs / 6lbs = 29 gal/hr) Plug your HP in & do the
math - my guess is you are OK
Ed