Re: Fuel Flow

To: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel Flow
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 05:13:04 -0500
It depends on where the pump is. If you have it on the engine then it has to
draw the fuel through the line if you have an electric in the tank or at the
tank then it has to push the fuel. Big difference in fuel flow. if you want to
be sure run a 1/2 line from the tank. On the other hand a 6250 redline pretty
much precludes making anything in the way of a serious amount of horse power
You need some rods and valve gear so you can turn it up a little. All the flow
in the world and no rpm to process
the air is pretty much pointless in the bigger picture.. Kind of like wearing
driving gloves while in your Yugo.  Why such a low rev limit?? SBC boat engines
only run 1000 rpm less than this from the factory. And old Corvettes turned
that much stock (6250 or more), what would it take to get you into maybe 7200
for a rev limit? Rods ? cam ? valve springs?
Dave Dahlgren