Re: Dick's SBC RPM

To: "Dick J" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>, "Ed Van Scoy" <ed@vetteracing.com>,
Subject: Re: Dick's SBC RPM
From: "landspeedracer" <landspeedracer@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 19:23:08 -0500
Dick

Well I ain't an expert on these things, but there are guys out there running
9,000 with basically the same stroke as yours. So I don't think piston speed
is a huge issue. Cast crank and stock rods could be, but again I've seen
guys running 7,000 with stock internals. Think your going to have to get it
up to at least that range to take advantage of your new heads and carb. BTW
usually the big problem with most stock rods is the bolts. A set of 'double
throw down' rod bolts may be cheep insurance and allow some form of comfort
while running an extra 750 RPM. Might also want to bring your short tires
with you just in case your gearing is to tall.

John