roll cage

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: roll cage
From: LGMCAFEE@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 10:21:40 EST
I have been putting on the finishing touches on my roll cage and have a few
question to ask. The rule book says to weld a gusset at the junction of hoops
and shoulder rail. Does this gusset need to be at the top and at the bottom
of the shoulder rail? Also the book recommends welding the gusset on the
outside and stitched welded. Why would this be better than centering the
gusset in the center of the pipe and weld both sides solid? Its going to be
almost impossible to see to weld the the gusset on the outside. I just don't
understand why the outside is better. Thanks Larry Mac