Re: roll cage

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: roll cage
From: LGMCAFEE@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 10:02:46 EST
dwarner@electrorent.com writes:

<<
 My understanding is that if the gusset is centered in the cage structure
 tubing that in the case of an incident the tubes have a higher probability
 of tearing out. The placement on the outside of the structure increases the
 strength of the gusset many times over. The stitch welding also increases
 the integrity of the structure. If a weld starts to tear the spacing between
 the stitch points halts the tearing  process. The more gussets added the
 better.

Dan thanks for the information, if I have any more questions I'll get back
with you.
Larry Mac