RE: Tires

To: "'john backus'" <34ford@msn.com>, "'ddahlgren'" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Subject: RE: Tires
From: "rgribble" <rgribble@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 00:39:34 -0500
Well, Maxton at the start line is some rough concrete. The Gravel is at
the shut down extension and the dirt road leading up to the start. With
the brakes on the T'Bird, I can get off at the first turnoff even at
over 200 MPH, thereby avoiding the gravel. As far as the Start Line, my
thoughts were to heat the tires up in a box, jack up the car just prior
to starting, change tires and let loose. The track does have some sand
depending on how windy it is that day. Of course if you spin the tires
enough, you'll get rid of anything attached. I'll let you know the end
of the month.
Grib