Re: Solvent solvent, I need some solvent

To: <ardunbill@webtv.net>, Ed Lutz <edlutz@laverdajota.com>,
Subject: Re: Solvent solvent, I need some solvent
From: W S Potter <wester6935@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 06:32:50 -0800
Ed,

Stoddard solvent used to be the best standard dry cleaning solution your
clothes were cleaned with.  Cleaners changed because perchlorethylene is
effective, less smelly and much faster when used in the EPA approved closed
systems they now use.  (A beaker of that stuff will never reach the floor if
poured from six feet up ... dissipates on the way down.)  The old time
cleaners had some health problems from breathing the Stoddard however so use
it in a well ventilated area.

Wes