Re: Solvent solvent, I need some solvent

To: kturk@ala.net, drmayf@teknett.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Solvent solvent, I need some solvent
From: Rick Hammond <r.hammond@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 08:57:40 -0500
Wes, Ed,
So we should just send our clutch plates out to be dry-cleaned? ;-)

I had a small parts cleaner, and the specialty solvents for it were pretty
pricey; I looked down the aisle and spotted the gallon(4litre) cans of WD40;
worked well, not nasty to smell (drives the women wild..) but I can't speak for
the actual flammability/safety/ventilation stuff...sorry...forgot what I was
saying...

Reminds me of an article way back; probably a bike magazine.  They talked about
how nice it was to find a good fibreglass shop; great work..knowledgeable
guys..but then as a year or so went by they were slower to answer the phone,
forgot things...the work slid...

Not funny in the real world; lots of these things can be nasty if we don't use
them reasonably.  There has always been talk that John Britten, the design
genius
and artist, passed way too early partly because of the years of work with
composites etc.

Take care,
Rick