Re: magneto

To: LGMCAFEE@aol.com
Subject: Re: magneto
From: rtmack <RTMACK@pop3.concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 09:54:38 -0600
Larry, List:
when I changed my Suzuki twin to a "twingle" in 1980, I was running both coils
off one set of points.  I found that much of the time only one cylinder would
fire.  After considerable anguish and theorizing, I put a big diode in each coil
primary wire.  Result: problem solved.  Both cylinders fired reliably after
that.

Note that this was on the primary side; never heard of anybody using diodes on
the high-tension side.
Russ