Re: Record Question

To: <ARDUNDOUG@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Record Question
From: W S Potter <wester6935@attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 04:01:53 -0800
Doug is right ... and when we get back on the long course so we can run both
ways it will revert to the old rules, same piece of real estate, for the
record,  That's the way we used to do it.  Same as the AAA and FIA did it in
the thirties.  Really it's the same as it is now, if you qualify for a
record in any one of the three measured miles you still need to be over the
speed in that same mile.  If you qualify in more than one of the measured
miles you go against the time fastest mile for your average speed as I
understand it.

Glen?  comments?

I know when I have been timing or at timing slips the speed to beat is given
before the car pushes off at the beginning of the run when making the second
of the record runs.  Puts the speed on the table (so to speak) so there are
no questions about the qualifying speed.

Wes