Re: Record Question

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Record Question
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 11:43:19 EST
In a message dated 4/4/2002 7:28:14 AM Pacific Standard Time, kturk@ala.net
writes:

> I don't mean to belabor this.... but a curious question arises....
>
> If I was over the record in the middle mile but on the return run missed it
> by say one mile an hour but picked it up in the last mile and exceeded the
> record again.....  Do I go to impound again?  or do I have to requalify?

Keith,
    It depends on your two-way average for any given mile. If your two-way
average for any given mile is over the existing record you may proceed to
impound and hopefully collect your prize. If none of your two-way averages
for the various timed miles exceed the existing record by at least .001MPH,
then you must requalify.
                                   Ardun Doug King