Re: Tool Making / Welding

To: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Tool Making / Welding
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 15:35:02 -0400
Let it air cool slowly. The slower the better if your wife will let you preheat
the oven to 500 and you put it in there after welding all the better. You have
no idea what the metals are and even less equiptment to properly heat treat
them. Any of the tool steels or even mild steels are more than strong enough to
put in spark plugs no matter what the heat treat might be. Any of the other
methods you have mentioned will probably do nothing but crack the weld or make
the steel brittle.
Dave Dahlgren