Re: Tool Making / Welding

To: "gary baker" <lsr350@hotmail.com>, "Dave Dahlgren"
Subject: Re: Tool Making / Welding
From: "Bryan A. Savage Jr" <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 22:28:25 -0700
Thanks to all who responded.

OK, I'll try to get us some current data.
I'll buy some high temp indicator paint (what's the right name?),
send my social director away for a weekend, and test our new Whirlpool oven.
I'll post the data.

Why did I ask?
I have a warped rotor caused by a flat tire. I was too far from home for
the (?) spare and had it patched at a tire shop. Very, very uneven torque
on the lug nuts warped the rotor.
After I get the replacement rotors, I'll map TIR & thickness, wash in the
dishwasher and run through the oven cleaning cycle to see what effect it has.
I'm just curious.

Bryan

I love the dishwasher for final cleaning. I turn the water heater all the way up
about 30 minutes ahead of time and use a small amount of TSP., about 1 level
teaspoon. I dry with an air gun & wipe on some M-1 to stop rust.
(social director spends afternoon with grandson)