data recorders

To: "land speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: data recorders
From: "Dan" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 05:38:51 -0700
The whole process is done in a
pretty democratic way. Dan, correct me if I'm wrong.
*********************

Doug,

I like to think that the SCTA-BNI is operated as democratic as possible. The
representitive club deal ensures that the opinions of the majority of our
membership is heard. The process cannot include every competitor to be present
for all decisions but, after several years of participation I feel the process
is pretty good.

I know that each time some changes are made some people are effected. Time has
shown that these issues can be resolved through the process. I would be
curious as to how other organizations such as NASCAR, NHRA, SCTA, FIA  handle
email suggestions as to how to write their rules and run their events. Anyone
on the list have experience in having a rule written that would effect their
particular entry or effect a procedure change through a ranting, accusatory
email? Anyone on the list have any success in directing the administration of
any racing body through email, phone call or personal visit to the corporate
offices?

Please present examples,

Dan