Re: Data Recorders

To: W S Potter <wester6935@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: Data Recorders
From: Joe Amo <jkamo@rap.midco.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 15:20:28 -0600
Does this mean that since I record the data and activate other functions
of the vehicle that me and my note pad will be banned??

........how bout those dudes that use tachometers that electronically
records the rpm data, peak and rpm for each run???????that  IS
a data recording device for play-back........

..........many of the data acquisition systems have the capability to
broadcast
the data through RF in the air to  be picked up and recorded by
telemetry, in
fact the telemetry feature is not that expensive,  there would not be
ANY data
recorder ONBOARD,  but somewhere in the pits the data could be recorded

..........what about the folks who have a VIDEO camera mounted in such a
manner that
gauges are in the picture and therefore data such as fuel press, egt,
rpm, oil temp etc
is RECORDED for viewing after the run???

maybe after someone loses control of their vehicle because they were
desperately
looking at their array of gauges to see where their EGT's and fuel ratio
and rpm, and
fuel press, was at various points during the run..........

some foks (competitors) will be forced to make time only runs runs with
with the
data recorder box on, to tune properly to then later make record attempt
runs
without the recorder box on,  THEN the cost savings is gone, yet the
technology
available is still utilized,  just like the better tech was utilized in
the manufacture
of latest pistons, rods, heads, valves, etc

BUT after all is said,  there is still a class to run in if you want to
record data,  maybe
not to run TC, but oh well
Joe