Re: Fuel Injection

To: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel Injection
From: Rick Hammond <r.hammond@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 09:36:23 -0400
Dick J wrote:

>  Well, I'm glad I decided to expose my ignorance and ask this question about
>fuel injection. I have spent many hours, on cold winter days, sitting in the
>Barnes and Noble book store reading books on fuel injection, trying to figure
>it out, only to get PO'd and switch to some other book and look at hot rod
>pictures instead.  This site is great. You guys have managed to explain this
>voodoo stuff in terms that even l understand.  Thanks
> Dick J (Still running an AFB!)
>   Rick Byrnes <Rick@rbmotorsports.com> wrote: No one has responded to how the
>efi systems vary, so I'll put in a little.
> Since I know only the "Ford" system and the Accel/DFI unit loaned to me.
> Both units were "batch fire, or what we call continuous flow, but just
> metered, by effectively changing the orifice in the injector. (duty cycle).

Hi,
I agree, this is great to get the real world scoop on injection.
Ford; like on my '99 4.6?  I can see throttle body injection as continuous just
like a carb, but when the injectors are right in the ports 'spitting on the
valves' are they flowing steady and wouldn't that defeat the advantages?

Of course sequential makes more sense.  Is there a mid-ground with systems that
might have say 4 'channels' running an 8 with the appropriate cylinders paired?
Good answers always give birth to more questions. ;-)
Cheers,
Rick