Re: Ways to spend a weekend - water not land

To: Rick Hammond <r.hammond@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: Ways to spend a weekend - water not land
From: Malcolm Pittwood <MPittwood@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 17:04:48 -0400
Rick and List

The hull of Lightning Strike! is all marine plywood.  We do have two carbon
fibre spars that hold the outrigged sponsons.  The plywood has been epoxy
resin coated.  You may need a lot of water on the salt as we expect the
weight of batteries to put her 12 inches into the water at rest but on the
plane in less than 4 inches.  But of course the design is a one off and
testing in a few months will tell us the full story.

Malcolm