Re: Ways to spend a weekend - water not land

To: <Want1937hd@aol.com>, <MPittwood@compuserve.com>, <r.hammond@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: Ways to spend a weekend - water not land
From: "Dave Seely" <dseely@sginet.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 07:19:57 -0600
That was one of the secrets to one of the America's cup sailboats, they
imbedded glass beads in the hull paint.  Like the dimples on a golf ball or
the texture of sharks skin it tended to reduce the thickness of the boundary
layer making the hull hydrodynamically 'smaller'.  Ain't that true, DrMayf?
My aero professor told me that if I wanted my car to go faster I should
attack it with a ball peen hammer.  I have no data as to how effective this
would be.  DrMayf needs a dyno and a windtunnel in the metropolis of Pah
Rump Nev.
Dave Seely
1141 XF/VOT