Where's your stuff? The east Texas camaro

To: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>, Keith Turk
Subject: Where's your stuff? The east Texas camaro
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 07:58:36 -0700 (PDT)
 Well,the plan was, now that the Camaro was finally done, to start working on
my 1955 Chrysler 300.  BUT......after Brad got done with that last inspection,
I got home, jacked up the Camaro, unbolted the two rear wheels, rolled
everything else aside, and I will start rebuilding from those two wheels up and
forward.  hee hee hee   Seriously, he pointed out a lot of things that ought to
be changed, and some that will have to be changed with the new rules that will
affect what I had.  All to the better, not just to make it safer, but it's kind
of exciting to get rid of the last vestages of street class and turn it into a
full out racecar.  The motor will be out next week, and I'll fix the front seal
the right way. I will bolt on bigger headers when I put it back in. I will
probably pull the TH400 and put in the glide.  I'll be putting a new front clip
on the car. Got a new S&W 12 point cage kit which will surly have more points
than that when I get done.  Re-wiring too, and will install a complete fire
protection system along with new quick release harness. In anaticipation of
ever-increasing speeds (I hope) will be putting the chute on the back of the
car too.
Keith, Tell Brad I appreciated all the comments and guidance on the car.  He
showed me some ways of doing things that I never would have thougt of.  I made
sketches in a notebook so I could remember all those ideas. The "duct tape
moments" have passed, and the new Mig will fill all of the holes in the
firewall.  I've got some flex tubing and am going to install a killer fresh air
vent.  I've been in contact with Joe Timney about a new full door net.  Lotsa
stuff to get done and so little time.  With only 328 days to my next race, I'm
going to have to hurry up to have this thing ready in time.
Dick J
In East Texas