Re: Carmaro Junk ... Where's your stuff?

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: Carmaro Junk ... Where's your stuff?
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 07:36:53 -0700
Keith & all,

I have been lurking for a while, so I will let you know what is going on
here. Major renovation of #216 is taking place. We were delayed in
getting started with the project because I wanted to get the car outside
for the fiberglass work. It is messy enough in the out-of-doors, but
terribly so inside the shop.

This will be our 11th year on the Salt for "My '34 Coupe" so I thought
it might be a good idea to finish the car. We have moved the engine
forward 5 1/2 inches (as far as was practical) to get a bit better
weight balance and more office space as well. We are installing a new
Harwood scoop (the one that Dave had recommended) it is a lower profile
than the previous Harwood I had and has a much larger opening than the
one I was running the last couple of years. Time will tell if this was a
good idea! The car is getting a complete rewiring, major fiberglass
cleanup and maybe even paint. I am also beginning to get serious about
the 18 degree motor, hope to have it ready by Speedweek, if not, at
least for one meet at the Salt this year.  We still have a few parts to
accumulate.

As usual, I won't be sitting idly by waiting for race day. We are going
back to St. Louis to see brother Gary and attend the NHRA Drags the end
of June, Jeff and I did this last year and enjoyed it enough to repeat.
When we return home, Barry, Jeff and I will be very busy continuing to
prepare the car for Speedweek! Finally, I am beginning to get excited
about making the trip once again.

Tom, Redding CA (looking for 100 degrees plus the next couple of days) -
#216 D/GCC