Re: El Mirage & Bonneville Tech question

To: Ed Van Scoy <ed@vetteracing.com>, Glen Barrett
Subject: Re: El Mirage & Bonneville Tech question
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 05:55:58 -0700 (PDT)
 Yes, that's what my original plan was, but unfortunately, my car has wandered
a little too far from street legal. I can no longer get a Texas safety sticker
on it because of the modifications.  Really incredible things like the
inspector won't pass a five point harness "'cause it's not OEM".  He also felt
that the cage "might be a safety hazard in trying to get out of the car in an
emergency".  Trying to explain anything to him was rapidly becoming like
arguing with an IRS auditor.  I knew I was not going to win.
Dick J
  Ed Van Scoy <ed@vetteracing.com> wrote: Glen, you should have never posted
that web site..... If Dick
clicks on Between the Lights (V=D/T) your timing secrets are
out! (and I thought you used a sundial) Seriously Dick, if
your Camaro is street legal, and you have a roll bar (a cheap
& easy install) USFRA will let you run up to 160 mph with much
less safety equipment. See their web page for 150 Club
http://www.saltflats.com/ This is about as much fun as you can
have with a street car!!
ed