Re: 08/16

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: 08/16
From: rtmack <RTMACK@pop3.concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 22:18:12 -0500
Keith, Dale--
probably shouldn't have mentioned the old Mog; Miss Maddie says it's actually an
Albatross.  It's one of those "back-burner" projects that you're "going to get
around to next year"-- you know?  Only I bought mine in 1967, and I've never had
it in drivable condition.  It just shares a $150/mo storage bill with my
rusted-out CJ-5 (which I actually drove daily for over 13 years).

My Morgan is a 1956 +4 Drop-Head Coupe-- the kind with the full doors (not the
cut-aways), non-folding windshield, ventilated disk wheels (instead of wires)
and not enough louvres in the hood.  Can you detect that I would have preferred
the (racier) little roadster?  Mine comes from the days when Morgan yielded to
over-demand, and sold some cars un-assembled.  The air-force officer who bought
it must have learned his welding in a base hobby-shop, because there is a lot
that I need to re-do.

Right now it's about third on my automotive priority list-- but at least I'm
making progress, now that the kids are grown and I don't have to act like the
grown-up anymore.

O.K., now that you are through snickering (1967?!!)-- tell me about YOUR
back-burner projects.
Russ

Morgan?  You have a Morgan ... fill us in.

Dale C.