Re: 08/16

To: "rtmack" <RTMACK@pop3.concentric.net>, <ardunbill@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: 08/16
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 00:04:19 -0500
Russ... this really does have everything to do with our age... we recognize
the minor advantages of 6 sparks per firing... and little stuff like control
of the timing past setting it at the correct mark on the crank...  When you
want to do silly stuff like pull 8 degrees out at the exact time you turn
the Nitrous on.... or have a high speed retard that isn't mechanical or
maybe even something simple like oh say....  an Rpm activated switch....or a
throttle associated switch based on Throttle position.... what are we
thinking running all this Electronic junk.... we should stick to that Kiss
Concept and get back to racing the " Easy way" We can pitch our data
acquisition stuff too.... it's just going to tell us what Happened when we
blew up our motors... or maybe even prevent it from one of those silly
lights we run... Yep.... we shouldn't have a piece of wire in the car....
just jump that starter off with the push truck and call it a day....  you
know what... we don't even need a starter... we could hand crank it or maybe
even use the push truck if we get the compression up in the double digit
range.... whew.... LOL.... OKAY I'm having to much fun with this....

Now about that Morgan.... ( being a british car freak... Morgans are still
one of my favorites... not a Healey... but still the only truly hand build
car avalible to the semi general public )( hey have you tried a Pertronix
yet in the Morgan.... dang electronic ignitions for them are just so dang
easy )

Keith