An odd thought..

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: An odd thought..
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 09:25:39 -0700
But you knew I was the master of add thoughts. This one has to do with a Wes
Potter comment made back when Keith was getting teched. He said something to
the effect that his car was not matcjing the rule book for class and Dan
Warner had to straighten it out...and TOm Bryant was suggesting that Keith's
car needed to be looked at carefully because of class rules. Now I am not
picking on anybody and I prolly have most of the facts wrong. But the real
odd thought is that tech is for safety items, right? Not to see if a car
meets class requirements, right? I think somewhere I even have a Dan Warner
email saying this. I thought that the competetitor decided on his class,
built his car according to his interpretaion of the rules, including all
safety items, got his/her car teched, made runs, qualified, the run for the
record. If the record attempt was successful, then the car was CERTIFIED as
to meeting all class requirements at that time and then it was subject to
protests for the real inspectors. IS this not the way the rule book says? I
am mildy curious, and this will not affect one thing I do to my car because
I am at the bottom of the engine break, car is non aerodynamic, and no hope
of ever getting to a qualifying run... Just simply curious about some
comments that made me have an odd thought or two...or was this a senior
moment? Yeah, that's prolly it....brain fart....

mayf, who now has to go out and play in the dirt.....