New Classes...

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Classes...
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 08:38:09 -0700
Well, as I surfed the SCTA-BNI web site for results, I noticed one odd and
obvious thing. There was a great deal of discussion about the use of fuel
(and flatheads) in the Modified Sports class. My first thought was that not
nearly as many MS cars showed up this year as last year. And out of that
there were only 2, by my count, cars that were in the new FMS class either
blown or NA. I would have thought that all those guys that were unsuccessful
in the old GMS class would have been there declaring themselves to be a
fuely and running for a record. I don't have a new rule book, so are there
new minimums to go along with the new FMS classes? Maybe that kept them at
home? And how aboout the new classic classes? Were they successful? In any
case, my most heartest congratulations to all who were successful in their
quest for records! And somebody talk to Mr. Teague. Maybe it is time for the
car to retire, but certainly not himself. He is too valuable an asset for
the sport to leave now.

maayf, the red necked ignorant desert rat in Pahrump with the first morning
coffee....aaaahhhhgooodddd.....