RE: OKAY BUCKWHEAT

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: OKAY BUCKWHEAT
From: "Jim Webb" <jwebb@mastnet.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 21:47:31 -0500
Okay To you, Buckwheat!

I met Keith on the salt this year. Got to see his 'adventure in tech' with
the newly refined girlie Camaro. Later I confessed that I had been lurking
for the better part of a year on the list and hadn't contributed much. I
also told KT that I couldn't believe that some people could be so busy on
the list while having a real job AND building a race car for the salt. I
guess the 4,318 unread messages in my Bonneville folder pretty much say it
all. I read all the msgs I can, save the ones with truly useful information
and try to keep up with the rest.

KT- you can now consider me officially shamed into contributing - I will do
my best to write more. I DO have a new boatload of questions that have
popped up after my last rather surprising trip down the salt, and I will try
to practice good netiquette by posting each under its own unique topic. I
will also write sometime about the rather interesting fellows and the
circumstances that have brought me to the salt.

Finally, I will close this one with a thanks to my wife, Dana who set up my
subscription to the list a long time ago. Sometimes she reads msgs before me
and tells me the ones she knows will interest me. She also has sent in a few
posts of her own. She's truly special in her support of me and our team's
effort to build (and rebuild) a car (Ok, truck) every year.

Thanks to KT, Dave, Joe, and all the new friends I met this year. For the
first time in three years, I felt like I had enough time to look up from the
toolbox and make some friends. The fact that I had vicariously met many of
you through the list really helped.

Sincerely,
Jim Webb
Choc Full O' Nuts