Hey, everyone....

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Hey, everyone....
From: <gfp61@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 13:25:06 -0400
Well, Keith, I just resubscribed today after a half-year absence, so your
message is perfectly timed....

Some of you guys may remember me from late last year and early this year--I
drove a little bit in Super Gas a couple of years ago (and I proudly have my
best timeslip--144.23 mph at Englishtown--on my office wall), but I keep
finding myself drawn back to LSR. I don't know what it is, but I think's it
that all I care about is going fast. I don't care if someone's in the other
lane, and although you can probably get a lot more runs in over the course of
a year in drag racing than you can in LSR, sportsman drag racing has become a
cattle call--150-200 cars per class makes it almost impossible to win, and the
satisfaction provided by a couple of really fun 9-second runs tends to get
stretched a little thin after a while....

So the dream lives on! What's the dream? As it currently stands, the plan is
to pull the 351W from my old Bronco, rebuild it, drop it into a belly tank,
and run it at Bonneville (or anywhere else, for that matter). Will I be ready
for '03? I'd like to think so, but considering the fact that this will be my
first rebuild, I'm not holding my breath. So depending on what I do to the
engine, I guess I'll try to run in either B/GL or C/GL (feel free to correct
my engine/body classification) in '03, '04, '05, or...?

But it's great to be back--this is a fun board, and I hope I won't drive you
guys too nuts with questions.

Gary